Coconut oil is very on-trend these days and we are so happy about that! Coconut oil is an incredibly versatile product that is now here to stay. From cooking to lotions to face or hair masks- there really isn’t much it can’t do! But did you know there are ways your child can benefit from coconut oil? Here are some great ways to use this product on your child. Remember: Always buy Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil!
- Cradle Cap Does your baby have a dry scalp? Coconut oil will be a comforting solution for your baby. It will give your little one dryness relief and eliminate cradle cap. Use it consistently daily until cradle cap is gone.
- Allergies and Hay Fever Using coconut oil for allergies and hay fever is a simple and natural remedy for your family. Rub a thin layer in and around your child’s nose- the pollen will cling to the coconut oil!
- Cuts and Bruises Coconut oil will help speed up the healing process of cuts and bruises by reducing inflammation and redness.
- Sun Burn If your child has a sunburn, try wetting a washcloth with cold water. Then put a little apple cider vinegar on the washcloth and rub it on the sunburnt area. Next, gently rub a liberal amount of coconut oil on your child’s skin. This will help your child recover faster from sunburns!
- Sore Throat Make your child’s favorite hot tea and add a few teaspoons of coconut oil to it! This will help soothe a sore throat in no time!
- Hang Nails Put coconut oil on your child’s hangnail to promote healing and to help prevent a possible infection.
- Burns Immediately apply coconut oil to burns and continue to apply 2 to 3 times a day until completely healed. Be generous with the amount of coconut oil you use and be consistent! The more consistent you are the more likely your child will not end up with a scar.
- Diaper Rash Cream Coconut oil is a great natural alternative for diaper rash cream because of its soothing and moisturizing properties!
- Bug Bites and Stings Coconut oil’s great anti-inflammatory properties make it a great alternative to chemical-laced bug bite ointments.
- Baby Acne Rub a thin layer of coconut oil twice a day on your child to help eliminate baby acne.
Don’t worry- we didn’t forget you, Mom! Here are a few ways you can use coconut oil too!
- Makeup Remover
- Face and body moisturizer
- Lip balm
- Use as a hair mask- Rub coconut oil from your hair roots to your ends. Wait 15 minutes. Then shampoo your hair.
- Use it as a substitute for olive oil when sautéing veggies, chicken, eggs or turkey. Anything you make the olive oil- substitute it with coconut oil!
- Use on body to prevent stretch marks
- Put it in your next smoothie- Ingesting coconut oil is so great for your body. It has been proven to lower the amount of yeast in your gut.
Important Notice: This article was originally published at www.brightbeginningsva.com where all credits are due.
The watching, interacting, and participation of any kind with anything on this page does not constitute or initiate a doctor-patient relationship with Dr. Farrah®. None of the statements here have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The products of Dr. Farrah® are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information being provided should only be considered for education and entertainment purposes only. If you feel that anything you see or hear may be of value to you on this page or on any other medium of any kind associated with, showing, or quoting anything relating to Dr. Farrah® in any way at any time, you are encouraged to and agree to consult with a licensed healthcare professional in your area to discuss it. If you feel that you’re having a healthcare emergency, seek medical attention immediately. The views expressed here are simply either the views and opinions of Dr. Farrah® or others appearing and are protected under the first amendment.
Dr. Farrah® is a highly experienced Licensed Medical Doctor certified in evidence-based clinical nutrition, not some enthusiast, formulator, or medium promoting the wild and unrestrained use of nutrition products for health issues without clinical experience and scientific evidence of therapeutic benefit. Dr. Farrah® has personally and keenly studied everything she recommends, and more importantly, she’s closely observed the reactions and results in a clinical setting countless times over the course of her career involving the treatment of over 150,000 patients.
Dr. Farrah® promotes evidence-based natural approaches to health, which means integrating her individual scientific and clinical expertise with the best available external clinical evidence from systematic research. By individual clinical expertise, I refer to the proficiency and judgment that individual clinicians acquire through clinical experience and clinical practice.
Dr. Farrah® does not make any representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy, applicability, fitness, or completeness of any multimedia content provided. Dr. Farrah® does not warrant the performance, effectiveness, or applicability of any sites listed, linked, or referenced to, in, or by any multimedia content.
To be clear, the multimedia content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or seen in any website, video, image, or media of any kind. Dr. Farrah® hereby disclaims any and all liability to any party for any direct, indirect, implied, punitive, special, incidental, or other consequential damages arising directly or indirectly from any use of the content, which is provided as is, and without warranties.