We’ve all heard that spinach is good for health, and it is one of the most often shunned vegetables. But the green, hailing from the same family as kale and beets, not only tastes great but also provides your body with the essential nutrients.
Packed with a wide array of minerals, nutrients, and vitamins, spinach is best when consumed in the juice form, as you are consuming the fiber along with the juice, adding to its overall benefits. Spinach also has vitamins A, C, E, K, and B complex, minerals like manganese, carotenes, iron, iodine, calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, and valuable amino acids. Apart from helping you stay healthy it also helps regulate body pH as it is alkaline in nature.
Moreover, the benefits of spinach are not limited to only one part of the human body. The leafy vegetable is great for your bones, stomach, eyes, and muscle. Although the taste of the juice itself is bland, the addition of other vegetables like carrots, apples, cucumber is recommended, making it tastier.
The world prefers to consume spinach cooked. Well, who does not if the potency is increased three-fold! However, contrary to popular belief, the best way to consume spinach is raw. In addition, recent studies have shown that blending spinach into a smoothie is the best possible way to consume it. Or you could just stick to veggies and spinach. If you are still wary of consuming it raw, here are the top five benefits of drinking spinach juice:
• Thanks to the presence of vitamin K, drinking spinach juice is a great way to strengthen your bones.
• Spinach is good for digestion. It helps protect the mucus lining of the stomach, eases constipation, helps keep ulcers at bay, and flushes harmful toxins from your body.
• Did you know that spinach is recommended for people suffering from skin disorders? Yes, spinach helps your skin stay young and supple. It rids you of dry and itchy skin and improves complexion.
• Spinach juice is also great for pregnant women and lactating mothers as it helps in fetus development and helps reduce the risks of accidental hemorrhage. It also helps in improving the quantity and quality of breast milk in lactating mothers.
• Spinach has traces of carotene and chlorophyll, both essential for preventing and fighting cancer. A wide range of flavonoids and anti-oxidants make it great cancer-fighting food, especially cervical, breast, stomach, prostate, and skin cancer.
In addition to these five advantages, spinach also helps to resolve vision-related problems as well. The presence of vitamin A and carotenoids helps prevent eye problems. Adding spinach to your carrot juice will effectively help in preventing night blindness, cataract development, and macular degeneration.
Image source: Getty Images
Important Notice: This article was originally published at www.thehealthsite.com by Aradhana Pandey where all credits are due.