During an asthma attack (also called asthma exacerbation), the airways that serve as a passage for the air to move into your lungs become swollen and inflamed. Due to this, the patient may experience coughing, wheezing, and difficulty in breathing.
Some of the common asthma attack triggers include:
- Tobacco smoke
- Inhaling cold, dry air
- Pollen, pets, mold, and dust mites
- Upper respiratory infections
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
People with asthma usually use an inhaler, which is common medical advice. However, it contains chemicals (like steroids) that can potentially have harmful side effects such as a sore mouth or throat, nosebleeds, and oral thrush, which is a fungal infection that causes white patches, redness, and soreness in the mouth.
To be safe, it’s better to consume a healthy diet and treat asthma in a natural and healthy manner. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, both beta carotene — a form of vitamin A — and choline might aid in controlling asthma. These two nutrients can be both found in carrot juice.
Aside from this, carrot juice is also a rich source of vitamin C, which helps prevent infections and can also greatly improve lung capacity. Carrots and celery are the best foods that can naturally increase Vitamin C in your body.
Anti-Asthma Carrot Juice Recipe
8 pieces of carrots
2-3 cups of spinach leaves
- Extract the juice from the carrots and spinach using a power juicer. Consume the juice within 15 minutes.
- Drink 2-3 times a day, especially when asthma attacks are frequent.
Other Home Remedies That Help Treat Asthma Attack
- Boil five to six cloves in water and add one teaspoon of honey. The mixture immediate relief from cough.
- Boil 2-3 cloves of garlic in a quarter cup of milk. Drink the mixture. Garlic can help clear congestion in the lungs.
- In a -half glass of water, simply mix a pinch of black pepper, a pinch of black pepper, and one teaspoon of honey. Boil all the ingredients and drink twice a day.
- Since turmeric has antibiotic properties, you can boil a pinch of it in a glass of water. Drink it two times a day.