Tonsillitis is an inflammation of the tonsils caused by a variety of common viruses and bacteria like Streptococcus pyogenes (group A streptococcus), the bacterium that causes strep throat. This is common among children between pre-school ages and mid-teenage year.
Young children who are unable to describe how they feel may show the following signs:
- Refusal to eat
- Unusual fussiness
- Drooling due to difficult or painful swallowing
- Common signs and symptoms of tonsillitis are the following:
- Sore throat
- Red, swollen tonsils
- Enlarged, tender glands (lymph nodes) in the neck
- White or yellow coating or patches on the tonsils
- Difficult or painful swallowing
- Stiff neck
- A scratchy, muffled or throaty voice
- Bad breath
- Stomachache, particularly in younger children
Listed below are the complications arising from swelling or inflammation of the tonsils:
- Infection that spreads deep into surrounding tissue (tonsillar cellulitis)
- Infection that results in a collection of pus behind a tonsil (peritonsillar abscess)
- Difficulty breathing
- Disrupted breathing during sleep (obstructive sleep apnea)
Fortunately, a number of home remedies for treating tonsillitis are widely available. Your therapy can actually be found on your kitchen shelves.
Since ancient times, cumin seeds have been used to successfully treat a sore throat and tonsillitis. Our ancestors have been using this recipe and have passed if from generation to generation. The symptoms associated with this condition can be efficiently healed and relieved by this remedy. You just have to wait for four hours and your tonsils are back in track.
If you are one of those suffering from tonsillitis or a sore throat, consuming this mixture will do wonders for your condition.
Simple Remedy For A Sore Throat
80g cumin or black seeds
1 whiskey or cognac
250ml filtered water
Put the cumin seeds in 200ml water and boil everything for about 15 minutes. Once you get a black and thick texture, you must strain it and put everything to boil again. Lastly, add the whiskey or cognac.
For best results, you should take 1 teaspoon of the mixture every 30 minutes and within 2 hours, you will already feel better. Symptoms of tonsillitis will also disappear within four hours.
Tips To Prevent Tonsillitis
Teach your children to do the following:
- Replace his or her toothbrush after being diagnosed with tonsillitis.
- Make sure to wash his or her hands thoroughly and frequently, particularly before eating and after using the toilet.
- Avoid sharing food, drinking glasses, utensils, and water bottles.
Here’s what your child should do in order to prevent the spread of a bacterial or viral infection to others:
- Teach your child to wash his or her hands after sneezing or coughing
- Teach your child to cough or sneeze into a tissue or, when necessary, into his or her elbow
- Keep your child at home when he or she is ill
- Ask your doctor when it’s all right for your child to return to school