Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is needed in order to protect the body against various disease. At present, people are becoming more innovative when it comes to different modes wherein, they can keep their body healthy and away from gaining extra weight.
Green tea lemonade is one of the top contenders that is famous among health-conscious people. Aside from being delicious and refreshing, this lemonade has also been proven to help lose some pounds without demanding extra time or effort.
What’s best about this beverage is that one of its ingredients, which is green tea, supports fat oxidation, and improves insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance. Also, all the ingredients needed to make this healthy beverage is already present in your kitchen.
Here’s a look at how these ingredients aid weight loss.
Lemon is packed with vitamin C, which may help with burning fat in your body. The antioxidant properties of ascorbic acid present in lemon positively influence the antioxidant potential of tea.
Found in green tea is the antioxidant epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which is known to have the potential of increasing the metabolic rate and, thereby, burning fat.
The American College of Nutrition in 2007 had published the anti-obesity effects of green tea.
Cinnamon influences weight loss. Yet, you need to pair it with a lower calorie intake for you to achieve optimum weight loss because cinnamon alone is not that effective in promoting weight loss.
Compared to regular table sugar, honey has a slow effect on blood sugar. It has properties that can help control appetite, thus maintaining weight. That’s why, if you find your green tea a little bitter, then you can add some honey to sweeten it.
How to Make Green Tea Lemonade for Weight Loss & Increased Metabolism
Due to the different benefits of the ingredients of this recipe, green tea lemonade is perfectly a great beverage that must be included in your daily weight loss diet.
Things you’ll need:
1 tea bag green tea
2 to 3 teaspoons of honey
2 cups of water
½ inch Cinnamon stick
Lemon zest and juice from 1 lemon
- Pour 2 cups of water into a pan and heat it.
- Wash a lemon thoroughly and gently scrape its zest with a zester, grater, or sharp paring knife and put it in the boiling water.
- Add ½ inch of cinnamon stick and cover the pan with a lid. Allow the water to boil.
- Turn off the heat and put a green tea bag into the hot water. Cover again and let it steep for 3 to 5 minutes. Set this tea aside to cool down.
- Strain the tea.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into the tea.
- Mix in 2 teaspoons of organic honey.
- Refrigerate the green tea lemonade for 20 to 30 minutes or simply add a few ice cubes and drink immediately
Aside from burning fats, this tangy and refreshing green tea lemonade will also remove toxins from the body.
- Always use organic lemon and organic honey for this beverage.
- You can add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the green tea lemonade to enhance the benefits you can obtain from it.
- You can also use cinnamon powder for this refreshing drink if you do not have the cinnamon stick.
- Prepare a large batch of this green tea lemonade and refrigerate it. Drink 1 or 2 glasses of this tea every day.
- Used tea bags can be stored in the refrigerator. You can then place cold tea bags on your eyes to reduce puffiness. Furthermore, you can remove the green tea leaves from the tea bag and use them as a facial scrub or mask to treat mild acne and to fight the signs of skin aging. The green tea leaves from the tea bag can also be placed in your garden as organic compost.