Peel-off masks are an important part of your skincare routine. You can use them once or twice a week to obtain the following benefits:
- Exfoliating the skin by removing the dead cells from the skin’s outermost layer.
- Adds glow and shine to your dull and damaged skin by restoring skin radiance.
- Clears out impurities by rejuvenating the skin.
- Unclogs skin pores, which effectively treats comedonal acne like blackheads, whiteheads, and similar blemishes.
- Gently uproots unwanted fine facial hair.
- Keeps aging at bay by tightening up sagging skin as well as the skin pores.
If you worry about harmful chemicals that are present in most cosmetic products then you can try these easy to make peel-off masks. By doing this, you can avoid those chemicals that might cause an allergic reaction in your skin since you are aware of the ingredients used in the masks.
Also, different types of peel-off masks can be made at home, which means you can easily get one that suits your skin type.
Here are some of the best homemade peel-off masks for a glowing and spotless skin.
Egg White Homemade Peel-Off Mask
The sticky nature of egg whites makes a great base for a homemade peel-off mask. Egg whites help prevent whiteheads and blackheads, shrink large pores, and tighten the skin. Moreover, egg whites also help remove fine facial hair.
Thoroughly whisk the egg white from 1 egg in a bowl and apply 1 or 2 coats of the foamy egg white mixture on your face. Follow up with a coat of small pieces of tissue paper to cover your entire face. Repeat applying the coat of egg white and tissue paper 1 or 2 times more. Finish up with a layer of the whisked egg white and then, allow the mask to dry completely.
Gently peel it off (against the direction of hair growth), then rinse your skin with lukewarm water.
Orange Homemade Peel-Off Mask
Oranges are packed with antioxidants that help fight free-radical damage, protect your skin from aging signs, adds a nice golden glow to your skin and revives and rejuvenates the skin.
Simply put 4 tablespoons of fresh orange juice in a heat-resistant bowl and add 2 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin powder. Put the bowl in a double boiler and stir continuously until the gelatin powder dissolves completely. Remove it from the heat and allow the mixture to cool down. Your homemade orange peel-off mask is ready for use.
Activated Charcoal Homemade Peel-Off Mask
Activated charcoal binds with impurities on the skin and helps get rid of the dirt, toxins, and sebum from the skin pores.
In this peel-off mask, you need to add gelatin for its sticky nature. Thoroughly mix a ½ teaspoon each of activated charcoal and unflavored gelatin in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of warm distilled water and mix it until you get a sticky paste-like consistency.
Make sure you wash your face thoroughly before applying this mask
Gelatin Homemade Peel-Off Mask
Gelatin is a common ingredient in many commercial peel-off masks. Its sticky nature works well for a homemade peel-off mask. It cleanses the pores and tightens the skin, thus preventing wrinkles and fine lines.
Mix together 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin, 1½ tablespoons of milk and a few drops of lavender essential oil in a bowl. Heat the mixture over a double boiler. Remove the bowl from the heat and set it aside to allow the mixture to cool down. Your gelatin peel-off mask is ready for use.
How To Use A Peel-Off Mask
With the right ingredients and correct manner of using peel-off masks, you can get your expected results.
- Cleanse your face with an astringent or rose water and then rinse it with cool water.
- Steam your face for five minutes to open the pores, then use a soft towel to gently pat dry the skin.
- Evenly apple a thick layer of the homemade mask across your face. Be careful to avoid your eyes, mouth, and eyebrows. Allow the mask to dry for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Start peeling off the mask once it is dry. Peel it off against the direction of your hair growth.
- Once the mask is dry, start peeling it off in layers. Always peel it off against the direction of your hair growth. Use warm water to wash your face and remove the remaining mask.
- Finally, rinse your face with cold water to close the opened pores. Pat dry your face and apply a light moisturizer.