With dry and dull hair, anyone can go crazy and look for possible treatments that would restore their hair’s shine and smoothness.
Rather than just relying on commercial products that contain toxic chemicals, you can use natural ingredients when it comes to supporting your hair’s health. These natural ingredients are effective and ensure that your hair is not treated with chemicals
For homemade hair masks, ripe papaya has become a popular ingredient. Also, honey and coconut milk gain its popularity as it is great for making a hydrating and growth-supporting hair mask.
Each of these ingredients has benefits for hair care.
Numerous nutrients can be found in papaya and these include vitamins A and C, copper, magnesium, beta-carotene, and potassium. All these nutrients are beneficial and support healthy hair growth as well as make your hair shiny and smooth.
Moreover, papaya has enzymes that prevent the buildup of oil and impurities on the scalp, which is one of the main causes of dandruff. Similarly, it is also a great hair conditioner (when used in small amounts) since it can give you a nice shine to your dull, unruly, and lifeless hair.
Just like coconut oil, coconut milk is an excellent ingredient for hair care. It is rich in fat and vitamin E, which help strengthen your hair from the roots. It can easily penetrate deep into the hair shafts, which in turn supports hair growth. It also treats and softens dry hair. Before taking a shower, some people even use it to massage the scalp in order to support hair growth.
This natural emollient works as a hair softener for smooth and soft hair. It has antioxidants that make your scalp healthy and stimulate hair growth.
DIY Papaya Hair Mask
Things you’ll need:
1/2 cup Ripe papaya
1/4 cup Coconut milk
1 teaspoon Honey
Put ½ cup of peeled ripe papaya (cut into cubes) in a blender. Add ¼ cup of coconut milk and one teaspoon of raw, organic honey. Make a smooth paste by blending the ingredients for a few minutes. Transfer the contents to a bowl.
Your homemade papaya hair mask is now ready for use.
How To Use This Hair Mask
- Shampoo your hair.
- Apply this hair mask thoroughly all over your damp hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Allow the mask to do its work for about 30 minutes or more.
- Finally, rinse it out with water.
- Use this hair mask 1 or 2 times a week.
You need not shampoo your hair after applying it as this hair mask provides hair conditioning benefits. You can wash your hair with a mild shampoo the next day if there is a lingering smell.
- Opt for organic papaya to make this hair mask.
- You can use plain yogurt instead of coconut milk.
- Do not use unripe papaya for making this hair mask. Unripe papaya releases a latex fluid which can cause irritation and produce an allergic reaction in some people.
- You should always include papaya (both ripe and unripe) in your diet to support hair growth.
- Adding a little olive oil to your hair mask can really help if you have extremely dry hair.