Did you know that the sprays and deodorizers which are made to make your room smell fresher are full of toxic chemicals? When used on daily basis, these harmful chemicals can be damaging to your health.
We must take into consideration the cleanliness of the air in our family home. It’s better to really find the root cause of the smell of something unpleasant rather than hiding the smell behind air freshener products.
That’s why there are natural alternatives you can try instead of using chemical-filled air fresheners.
Here Are Some Of The Ideas You Can Try:
- For a sweet-smelling all-natural room scent, try to make a pomander. Have an orange studded with cloves and cooked around an hour in an oven on a low heat. Hung it anywhere around the house.
- You can diffuse unpleasant smells like down the drain or the kitchen sink with the help of the zest of oranges and lemons.
- Odor neutralizers like baking powder mixed with lemon juice are great for targeted problem areas such as a garbage can.
- Clear off food mess and smell off kitchen worktops by using a mixture of vinegar and lemon juice.
- Natural essential oils in different lovely fragrances can be used around the home.
- For a natural effect, you can place natural flowers, spices, and potpourri around the home in small receptacles.
- You can fill your house with lovely warming scents once you cook spices on a low heat over a long period of time.
- Get rid of kitchen smells by placing a bowl of vinegar near the offending smell.
- Unpleasant smells can be absorbed by cotton balls soaked in essential oils.
- Make sure you open all windows in your home periodically as rooms left for long period of time without human interaction can smell old and musty. Simply opening the windows can do wonders for the smell of your home.