Do you want to lose weight in a healthy way? Here is an easy and delicious green smoothie recipe you can try. It is rich in nutrition and fiber that fills you up, thus, leaving you with no room for mindlessly munching on junk food.
This recipe has green apples which are high in fiber and polyphenols thereby making it an excellent fruit for weight loss. Cucumbers also add an extra bulk without adding to the fat and calorie content.
The spinach in this smoothie has antioxidants that aid in detoxification as well as rich in fiber, iron, and protein. Also, the pineapple can help boost fat loss and improve metabolism.
Adding a little parsley in this smoothie will enhance its flavor and effectiveness. It will also help in shedding any excess water weight.
Additionally, ground flaxseeds increase fiber content, thereby promoting the feeling of fullness. It also contains omega-3 fatty acids that help in increasing the feelings of satiety, improves digestion health, and promotes weight loss.
Moreover, this recipe is made with low-fat yogurt as the base. Yogurt is excellent for digestion and it also helps burn fat.
How To Make Your DIY Weight-Loss Smoothie
Things You Will Need:
Plain low-fat yogurt
A green apple
A handful of spinach
Measuring cups and spoons
Steps In Making:
Put ½ to 1 cup of plain yogurt into a blender. Add a handful of spinach leaves and ½ cup of pineapple chunks. After removing the seeds, add the chunks of 1 green apple. Then, add ½ cucumber chopped into pieces, 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed and a few sprigs of parsley. Blend it for about 1 minute. Add some ice cubes and blend the mixture again.
Drink this delicious smoothie daily or several times a week to help you lose weight in a healthy way.
Note: Spinach may not be suitable for people on a low-oxalate diet.
- Rinse the fruits and vegetables thoroughly before using them.
- You can use chia seeds soaked in water if you do not have flaxseeds.
- You can also add ¼ cup of strawberries in this smoothie.
- If you are using organic produce, you need not peel the green apple and cucumber.
- Drink your smoothie right away. You can store any remaining portion in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours, however, try to drink it soon as possible as its nutrients will lose over time.