Carrots are available all year round and can be used for savory dishes, juices, and cakes. It is one of the healthiest vegetables and is great sources of carotene and vitamin A – which are important for the good health of your eyes. Furthermore, this orange colored vegetable is also rich in alkaline elements which can revitalize and purify the blood as well as maintain the acid-alkaline balance of the body and nourish the entire system. It is also high in antioxidants that fight cancer and has the reputation of maintaining good eyesight.
Eating carrots is good for rheumatism, anemia, allergies, intestinal inflammation, the nervous system, diarrhea, cleansing the blood, constipation, and also an immune system tonic.
In addition to all the benefits mentioned, carrots are also a good source of several vitamins, especially vitamin A (from beta-carotene), biotin, vitamin K (phylloquinone), potassium and vitamin B6 as well as various types of minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, and manganese.
Some Health Benefits Of Carrots Include:
- Boosts immunity
- Prevents heart disease
- Reduces risks of cancer
- Stimulates digestion
- Prevents acne
- Lowers blood cholesterol
- Excellent for skin health
- Rich in calcium
- Eye Health
- Weight Loss
- Body detox agent
Homemade Syrup Recipe That Cures Cough And Removes Phlegm From The Lungs
1/2 kg of carrot
2 teaspoons of freshly chopped ginger
3-4 tablespoons of honey
- Cut the carrots into small pieces and then, place it into a small saucepan. Add some water until they are completely covered.
- Cook over medium heat and once it is boiling, add the ginger and boil until the carrots are soft.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain it over a large bowl. Do not throw away the water.
- Blend the carrots and ginger until smooth.
- Once the water is lukewarm, add honey. Stir until it’s dissolved.
- Add water to the mashed carrots and blend again until smooth.
How to consume?
It is recommended to take 3-4 spoons of this mixture every day. After 1-2 days it will help you get rid of your cough, and it will help remove phlegm from your lungs as well.