Varicose veins are enlarged veins that appear close to the surface of the skin. Generally, they occur on thighs and calves when the veins develop weakened or poorly functioning valves, which regulate blood flow. This condition can cause restlessness, fatigue, and pain as well as feelings of throbbing, tingling, burning or heaviness in the legs.
Some of the contributing factors to varicose veins are:
- Use of birth controls
- Occupations that require a lot of standing
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy
Home Remedies For Varicose Veins
You can try some of these home remedies to decrease the severity of varicose veins and lessen the feeling of discomfort it causes.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a natural body cleansing product. It can improve the blood flow and circulation, therefore decreases the heaviness and swelling of varicose veins.
- Apply apple cider vinegar all over the varicose veins and then massage the area. Do this regularly before going to bed and again in the morning. Reduce the size of your varicose veins by following this remedy for a few months.
- Another method of using apple cider is by adding a teaspoon of it into a glass of water. Stir well and drink the mixture twice a day for at least one month.
As being stated above, increasing blood circulation is essential in treating varicose veins. Here’s when olive oil comes in handy by massaging the affected area to increase blood flow to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Make a mixture of equal amounts of Vitamin E oil and olive oil and slightly warm it. Massage the affected area for a couple of minutes. Do this at least twice daily for one or two months or until you see positive results.
This spice is rich in vitamin C and bioflavonoids that makes it very effective in treating varicose veins. The nutrients found in cayenne pepper eases pain from swollen, congested veins by increasing blood circulation.
- In a cup of hot water, add one teaspoon of cayenne pepper and stir it well.
- Consume this mixture 3 times per day in a span of 1 or 2 months.
Another herb with high amounts of vitamin C and powerful anti-oxidants that boosts collagen production and aids in cell reproduction and repair is Parsley. it also contains the nutrient Rutin which has a vital role in strengthening the capillaries making it an effective treatment for reducing symptoms of varicose veins.
- Boil a handful of chopped fresh parsley in one cup of water for five minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cover and allow the solution to cool to lukewarm. Then strain the solution.
- Add one drop each of rose and marigold essential oils.
- Put the solution in the refrigerator for several minutes.
- Apply the solution to the affected area using a cotton ball.
- Do this daily for several months to see positive results.
- Try to eat raw parsley as often as you can.
Because of garlic’s excellent anti-inflammatory properties, it is considered to be effective for treating symptoms of varicose veins. Aside from that, I can also improve blood circulation by breaking up harmful toxins in the blood vessels.
- Slice up or mash six garlic cloves and put them in a clean glass jar.
- Extract the juice from three oranges and add it to the jar and add two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Leave the mixture in the jar and let it sit for at least 12 hours.
- Shake the mixture before using and then put several drops of the solution on your fingers. Massage the affected area with the solution in a circular motion for at least 15 minutes.
- Wrap the inflamed veins with a cotton cloth and leave it on overnight.
- Repeat this process daily for several months.
- Don’t forget to include fresh garlic in your diet.