In India, turmeric has been used for more than 2500 years for medicinal purposes. It is an incredibly amazing spice that has various benefits to health; from treating diseases to improving the body organ’s functions. Turmeric is famously known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It is one of the highest-ranked antioxidant spices in the world, ranking just below cinnamon.
Regular consumption of turmeric can provide the body with the following remarkable health benefits:
- Prevents cancer, especially prostate and skin cancer
- Cures depression
- Good for your eyes
- Aids in weight loss
- Helps you sleep well
- Its strong anti-inflammatory properties act as a natural painkiller
- Its antibacterial properties can cure dental and skin problems
- Protects your liver from damage
- Boosts brain function and prevents Alzheimer’s disease
- Prevents Parkinson’s disease
As of now, ginger is one of the most popular spices. It originates from Asia and has an excellent medicinal property, thus making it widely used spice all over the world. Various studies show proofs that it can treat various illnesses and improve your overall health naturally.
Including ginger in your diet will give you the following benefits:
- Prevents cancers such as skin, breast, prostate, lung, colon, and ovarian cancers
- Ginger protects you against Alzheimer’s disease
- Fights obesity
- Relieves menstrual cramp
- Alleviates inflammation of the blood vessels, allowing for better circulation
- Aids in digestion
- Relieves migraines
- Removes bad breath
- Boosts immune system
- Cures cold and flu
- Reduces joint pain
When combined, these two ingredients can provide a more readily accessible nutrient to be used by the body’s systems.
Turmeric Ginger Iced Tea
4 teaspoons dried ginger
4 teaspoons dried turmeric
1/4 cup raw honey
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup of water
- In a saucepan, combine ginger, turmeric, and black pepper. Add water and boil them.
- Simmer for a while with a low heat.
- Turn off the heat. Let it cool, add some honey, and cover the saucepan.
- For some hours, let the mixture steep.
- Remove the gritty powder out by using a strainer.
- Place the mixture in the fridge and add some to your water to drink.
What makes this drink tastier is the addition of a small amount of black pepper and honey. You’ll definitely enjoy its taste!
Even at high doses, both turmeric and ginger are regarded as safe spices. It has only minimal side effects. However, you should first discuss with your doctor before drinking this tea especially if you are pregnant, nursing, or taking prescription medication. Also, avoid drinking this tea if you are taking any blood thinning medication.