For those who wanted a smooth, fairer, more even skin, the possible option is skin brightening. Many people always opt to purchase over-the-counter skin whitening products. However, there are home remedies existing that are a lot gentler and safer to use for this process. These natural ingredients are proven effective when it comes to whitening and brightening as well as moisturizing and removing the build-up of dead skin cells. Moreover, they are free from toxins and chemicals that might probably harm the skin.
Potatoes, aside from the fact that it is stored in the pantry for mealtime, can also be used to even and lighten skin tone. It contains an enzyme called catecholase, which has natural bleaching properties. Just add potatoes to your regular skin routine. Make sure to follow up with exfoliation as it would help in removing dead skin build-up that can cause uneven tones and patches.
Items You Will Need:
Potato peeler with pointed tip
Fine kitchen grater
- In cool water, rinse potato to soften and remove dirt.
- Peel it carefully with a vegetable peeler. Pick out any potato eyes with the peeler’s pointed end then rinse the potato once more with cool water.
- Grate the cleaned potato then place the strips into a clean bowl. Mash them up thoroughly with a potato masher or fork.
- Clean your face with face wash. Pat the skin dry.
- Carefully apply the mash to your face as it may get into your eyes. Lie down and leave the mixture on your face for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the face thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat skin dry. Repeat the steps regularly or every other day.
Cut the potatoes into cubes then mash it with the use of a food processor to make a creamier paste. If you want to create an extra cooling effect and tighten pores, keep the paste in the refrigerator for a few hours before use. Add some lemon juice to boost effect. However, be careful with your blemishes or cuts on the face as lemon juice can sting.
If redness or irritation occurs, discontinue use of the potato mask.