Turmeric is considered to be one of the most beneficial spices on the planet. For centuries, this spice has been used in Asian natural medicine and culinary tradition. However, in the western world, it only started to gain its popularity in the past couple of decades.
Its powerful anti-inflammatory effect is one of the greatest benefits you can obtain from consuming this East-Indian spice. It can easily be absorbed in the intestinal tract, thus allowing it to enter the bloodstream and fight chronic inflammation – the root cause of almost all chronic diseases, including cancer.
Turmeric’s strong medicinal properties are mainly due to its active ingredient known as curcumin, which is highly effective and beneficial in detoxifying the liver and heart, regeneration of cells, and fighting off free radicals.
Turmeric Is The Most Powerful Natural Medicine Known To Man
The list of health benefits you can obtain from turmeric is limitless. This spice can provide the same effects as the following medications minus the side effects.
- Diabetes Drugs
- Inflammatory bowel disease drugs
- Cholesterol drugs
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Arthritis Medication
Other Health Benefits Of Turmeric
Some other health benefits of turmeric include:
- Aids cancer treatment and prevention
- Eases stiff joints
- Relieves joint pain and muscular discomfort
- Increases brain functionality
- Helps lower cholesterol
- Eases symptoms of heartburn and indigestion
- Natural anti-depressant
- Powerful antioxidant
- Reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke
How To Make Your Own Turmeric Supplements
You can add turmeric to your meals or reap its numerous health benefits by taking turmeric supplements.
Here’s how to make your own turmeric supplements:
What you need:
1/3 cup organic, ground turmeric
1 tbsp. coconut oil (healthy fats are also important to increase curcumin bioavailability)
A big pinch of ground black peppercorn (this is important in order to increase the absorption of curcumin in the body by up to 150%)
3 tbsps. raw, organic honey
What you need to do:
- Make a paste by mixing all ingredients together in a bowl. Melt the coconut oil before use.
- Take pinches of the paste and roll them into small balls. Refrigerate for 1 hour and remove.
- Transfer the turmeric balls in a glass container and keep refrigerated.
The recommended dose is 2-3 pieces a day.